IFP Energies nouvelles (IFPEN) is a major player in research and training in the fields of energy, transport and the environment. Technological innovation is at the core of its work, ranging from research to industry.
As part of the mission of general interest entrusted by the public authorities, IFPEN focusses on
- providing solutions to the societal challenges of energy and climate, promoting the transition to sustainable mobility and the emergence of a more diversified energy mix
- creating wealth and jobs, by stimulating the French and European economic activity and the competitiveness of associated industrial sector
Its programs are structured around 3 strategic priorities:
- Sustainable mobility: develop solutions for efficient transport systems with a low environmental impact
- New energies: produce fuels, chemical intermediates and energy from renewable sources
- Responsible Hydrocarbons: offer technologies to meet the demand for energy and chemicals while consuming less energy and reducing the environmental impact