High-level speakers from CPME, Husky, Faerch Plast, Danone, Procter & Gamble, European Commission, European Environmental Bureau, Ellen MacArthur Foundation, EPRO and Plastics Recyclers Europe confirmed for this exclusive PET event.
Petcore Europe invites to its next annual conference in Brussels on 1 February 2017.
Building upon the success of its 2016 edition, our event will bring together around 200 experts and leaders from the entire PET value chain in Europe and beyond.
Our conference will include two interactive sessions on the future of PET packaging and sustainability. Each session will consist of key note presentations, followed by an extended panel debate with experts from the PET value chain, the EU institutions and other leading organisations.
9:00 - 10:00 Registration & Petit Déjeuner
10:00 - 10:10 Welcome by chairman Patrick Peuch, Executive Director, Petcore Europe
10:10 - 12:50 PET PACKAGING 2020
- Trends in PET resin manufacture, performance & market environment
- PET European Market Outlook and new life in new potential applications
Antonello Ciotti, Vice President, CPME (Committee of PET Manufacturers in Europe)
- Trends in PET packaging design & applications
- PET bottle bale composition: What can we expect in 2020?
Nicolas Rivollet, Director Corporate Business Development, Husky Injection Molding Systems
- Tray trends, skin trays and PET quality aspects
Carsten Lauridsen, Senior Project Manager Technology and Development, Faerch Plast
- Leading brand owners’ perspective
- Towards more sustainable packaging in Danone
Françoise Poulat, Head of Sustainable Material Team in Plastic Material Techno Center, Danone Research
- Packaging Sustainability - importance of partnerships and recent examples of PET launches including Plastic Aerosols
Gian de Belder, Principle Scientist R&D Sustainable Packaging,
Johannes Burghaus, Section Head R&D Package Development Fabric and Home, Procter & Gamble
- EXTENDED PANEL DEBATE: How can we manage future PET demand & use in packaging applications?
Panelists: session speakers
12:50 - 13:50 Networking Lunch
13:50 - 16:30 PET SUSTAINABILITY 2020
- European Circular Economy & other environmental challenges
- Preparatory works of the future Plastics Strategy
Eric Liégeois, Team Leader Plastics and Wastes Recycling, European Commission - DG GROW
- Are D/R systems and EPR friends or foes? Finding the best route for boosting PET/packaging collection and recycling
Stéphane Arditi, Products & Waste Policy Manager, EEB (European Environmental Bureau)
- The New Plastics Economy
Sander Defruyt, Research Analyst, New Plastics Economy, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Trends & solutions in PET post-consumer collection
An Vossen, Executive Manager PLAREBEL / EPRO (European Association of Plastics Recycling and Recovery Organisations
- Trends & challenges facing the PET recycling industry and r-PET demand
Casper van den Dungen, Vice President, PRE - Plastics Recyclers Europe
- EXTENDED PANEL DEBATE: How can we enhance PET sustainability in the future?
Panelists: session speakers
- & Helen McGeough, Senior Consultant, PCI Wood Mackenzie
16:30 - 16:40 Closing
The Petcore Europe Conference will be sponsored by organisations or individual companies, and we invite you to contact us should you wish to join this growing list.
As sponsor, your company's name and logo will be displayed on all our communications material (including invitations, agendas, press releases and website) as well as promoted during the event.
Are you interested in promoting your company and products by exhibiting during our conference?
REGISTRATION & DELEGATE FEES
To view the delegate rates and to register, please click here.
The participants will include PET resin manufacturers, packaging designers and manufacturers, equipment manufacturers, label producers, brand owners, EPR schemes, waste management organisations, recyclers, recycling machines manufacturers, representatives from the European institutions and European organisations interested in PET.
DATE & VENUE
Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 10:00 - 17:00
Diamant Brussels Conference & Business Centre, Auguste Reyerslaan 80, 1030 Brussels, Belgium
The Diamant Centre is located in the north part of the city, with easy access from the airport, by car with underground parking facilities, and by public transports from the train stations. For more details, please see attached the direction plan.
GET EVEN MORE OUT OF IT AND ALSO ATTEND OUR EVENT ON THE FOLLOWING DAY:
Petcore Europe Workshop on Opaque and Difficult to Recycle PET Containers (ODR) on Thursday, 2 February 2017 in Brussels
Petcore Europe will also organise an open ODR Workshop in the VLEVA Conference Centre in Brussels the day after the Petcore Europe Conference 2017 (please note, the events will take place in two different conference venues in Brussels). This is therefore the perfect opportunity to combine your participation in the 2017 Conference with another one to the Petcore Europe ODR Workshop the day after. Interested? Then click here for more information.