Please find out more details and register on our dedicated website!
Don't miss the event of the year for the PET value chain: "Post Covid-19 - Strategy and Trends for the Circular PET Economy"
Petcore Europe is pleased to announce its annual conference from 2-3 June 2021 that will be held via virtual event platform. Registration is already open.
Building up on the success of 2020 with more than 300 visitors, Petcore Europe is happy to announce its 2021 conference over two days on a dedicated virtual Platform.
The first day will focus on perspectives and strategy for the PET value chain with presentations by the EU Commission and other Trade focused experts.
The second day is dedicated to trends in PET Collection, Sorting, Recycling and Circularity.
Attendees will still be able to network thanks to a "Virtual Networking Room ", but they will also be able to visit "Virtual Exhibition booth".
Don't miss your opportunity to network and gain an insight into the latest developments of our industry. Guarantee your place now!
Day 1: Wednesday, 2 June 2021
Perspectives, Strategy and Legislative Challenges for the PET value chain
9:30 Exhibition Booth open for Sponsors and their Visitors
- 10:55 - 11:00: Opening words – Stephen Short, President Petcore Europe
- 11:00 - 11:15: Welcome – Christian Crepet, Executive Director Petcore Europe
- 11:15 - 12:30: Session 1 “2019 PET Market, Collection & Recycling Rates”
- 11:15 - 11:35: PET market 2019 and impact of Covid19 – Helen McGeough
- 11:35 - 11:55: Update regarding PET trays – Ana Fernandez
- 11:55 - 12:15: Update regarding Opaque and Functional PET bottles – Alessandra Funcia
- 12:15 - 12:30: Panel Debate
12:30 - 14:00: Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:00: Session 2 “EU Legislation – where are we headed”
- 14:00 - 14:20: EU Plastic Tax and its implementation in the member states – Emmanuelle Maincent
- 14:20 - 14:40: The Circular Plastics Alliance – where do we stand? – Laure Baillargeon
- 14:40 -15:00: Panel Debate
- 15:00 - 17:15: Session 3 “Changing supply & demand: viewpoints from the value chain”
- 15:00 -15:20: VPET: PET producers' view – Antonello Ciotti
- 15:20 -15:40: RPET: PET recyclers' view – Casper van den Dungen
15:40 - 16:30: Break
- 16:30 -16:45: PET converters' view (Preforms) – Marc de Voogd
- 16:45 -17:00: PET converters’ view (Trays) – Nicolas Lorenz
- 17:00 -17:15: Panel Debate
17:00 - 17:30: Wrap-up and closing
Day 2: Thursday, 3 June 2021
Trends in PET Collection, Sorting, Recycling & Circularity
9:00 Exhibition Booth open for Sponsors
- 09:45 - 11:05: Session 4 “2019 PET market, Collection & Recycling Rates”
- 09:45-10:05: DRS – where are we headed? – Clarissa Morawski
- 10:05 - 10:25: Curbside – where are we headed – Patrick Laevers
- 10:25 - 10:45: Trends in Sorting – Roadmap for Digital Watermarks and Artificial Intelligence – Frederic Durand
- 11:05 - 12:00: Session 5 “Trends in Design for Recycling”
- 11:05 - 11:25: PET Tray Recyclability Evaluation Platform and EPBP Update – Luca Stramare
- 11:25 - 11:45: Update on Recyclass – Paolo Glerean
- 11:45 -12:00: Panel Debate
12:00 - 13:30: Lunch
- 13:30 - 15:00: Session 6 “Monomer Recycling – where is circular PET headed?”
- 13:30 -13:50: Legislative Update – Mike Neal and Stephen Short
- 13:50 - 14:10: Update from The PET Monomer Recycling SIG – Martin Stephan
- 14:10 - 14:30: The brand owner’s perspective – Jean-François Briois (tbc)
- 14:30 -15:00: Panel Debate
15:00 - 15:45: Coffee Break
15:45 - 16:45: Session 7 “Circularity of PET – opportunities beyond recycling”
- 15:45 - 16:00: Update from the PET communications campaign – Carl-Eric Portaels
- 16:00 - 16:15: Involving the consumer to increase circularity – Eric Schaffner
- 16:15 - 16:30: Reuse – how can the industry combine the concept with recycling? – Sebastian Lemp
- 16:30 - 16:45: Panel Debate
16:45 - 17:00: Wrap-up and closing
Sponsorship & Exhibitors
The Petcore Europe Conference will be sponsored by organisations or individual companies, and we invite you to contact us should you wish to join this growing list.
As sponsor, your company's name and logo will be displayed on all our communications material (including invitations, agendas, press releases and website) as well as promoted during the event.
To view the delegate rates and to register, please click here.
The participants include PET resin manufacturers, packaging designers and manufacturers, equipment manufacturers, label producers, brand owners, EPR schemes, waste management organisations, recyclers, recycling machines manufacturers, representatives from the European institutions and European organisations interested in PET.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our conference in June!
Petcore Europe Team