Don't miss the event of the year for the PET value chain: "Strategy and Trends for the Circular PET Economy".
Petcore Europe is pleased to announce its annual conference from 2-3 February 2022 that will be held at DoubleTree by Hilton Brussels City. We are looking forward to meeting you in person after such a challenging period.
Building up on the success of 2021 with more than 200 visitors, Petcore Europe is happy to announce its 2022 conference over two days at DoubleTree by Hilton Brussels City.
The first day will focus on Perspectives, Strategy and Legislative Challenges for the PET value chain.
The second day is dedicated to trends in PET Collection, Sorting, Recycling and Circularity.
Attendees will still be able to network thanks to a "Networking Dinner" on February 2nd, but they will also be able to visit "Exhibition booth".
Don't miss your opportunity to network and gain an insight into the latest developments of our industry. Guarantee your place now!
Previous to the conference Our Annual General Assembly will be held from 09:00 to 10:30 AM CET.
Day 1: Wednesday, 2 February 2022
Perspectives, Strategy and Legislative Challenges for the PET value chain
10:30 - 11: 00 Networking Coffee
- 11:00 - 11:15: Welcome – Christian Crepet, Executive Director, Petcore Europe
11:15-12:30: Session 1
Moderated by Christian Crepet, Executive Director, Petcore Europe
- 11:10 - 11:30: Petcore PET market State of Play 2020 – Andy Grant (Eunomia)
- 11:30 - 11:45: Covid Learning & end to end supply chain – Argiris Dabanlis (Petcore Europe)
- 11:45 - 12:00: 2021 Petcore PET Communication Campaign: Preparing 2022 – (Fleishman & Hillard)
- 12:00 - 12:15: Panel Debate - Q&A
12:15 -13:30 Lunch
13:30-15:30: Session 2
Moderated by Jim Armstrong, Recoup UK
- 13:30-13:45: PET Producers' view: How virgin production industry is preparing for conversion to R PET – tbc
- 13:45-14:00: PET converters’ view: Impact from disconnection from virgin – tbc
- 14:00-14:15: PET trays Converters’ view: Towards Circularity
- 14:15-14:30: PET recyclers’ view: How to cope with demand and long-term view with investment? – tbc
- 14:30-14:45: PET retailers' view: Consumers habits versus plastic packaging – Zoom on Bottles – tbc
- 14:45-15:00: Unesda: Which future for PET Bottle? – Antoon Spiessens(Unesda)
- 15:00-15:15: NMWE Microplastics Study What did we learn?
- 15:15-15:30: Panel Debate – Q&A
15:30 -16:15: Networking Coffee Break
16:15-17:15: Session 3 Regulation & Legislative Update
- 16:15-16:30: Circular Plastic Alliance: Monitoring standardization and state of play – EU Commission tbc
- 16:30-16:45: Single Use Plastic Directive – DG environment – tbc
- 16:45-17:00: Deposit for better collection and better PET sorting Scheme – EU Parliament tbc
- 17:00-17:15: Panel Debate – Q&A
17:15 - 17:30: Wrap-up and closing
19:00: Networking Dinner _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Day 2: Thursday, 3 February 2022
PET Collecting, Sorting, Recycling & Circularity
09:00 - 09:45: Welcome Coffee
09:45-11:05: Session 4: Working's Group Update
Moderated by tbc
- 09:45-10:05: PET Depolymerization and Food contact – tbc
- 10:05-10:25: PET Depolymerization Technology Status – tbc
- 10:25 - 10:45: Labels: Turning labels circular -tbc
- 10:45 - 11:05: Reuse Technological update and German implementation – tbc
- 11:05 - 11:20: Comparative LCA Analysis – tbc
11:20-11:45: Networking Coffee
- 11:45-12:00 PET Trays: Evaluation working group update, design guidelines and last technical development
- 12:00-12:15: Trays to trays recycling: a new implementation from collection to rPET manufacture
- 12:15 - 12:30: Feedback on white containers circularity in France
- 12:30 - 12:45: Recyclass
- 12:45 -13:00: EPBP design for recycling EU governance
- 13:00 -13:15: Panel Debate - Q&A
13:15 -14:30: Networking Lunch
14:30-16:00: Session 5 Trends in Sorting and Collection
Moderated by tbc
- 14:30-14:45: Digital Watermarks: 2022 Final Stretch? – tbc
- 15:00-15:15: Deposit return system: State of play the best solution! – tbc
- 15:15-15:30: Digital Deposit Return System: How does it work? – tbc
- 15:30 -15:45: Artificial Intelligence: The latest development – tbc
- 15:45 -16:00: Panel Debate – Q&A
16:00: Wrap-up and closing
The Petcore Europe Conference will be sponsored by organisations or individual companies, and we invite you to contact us should you wish to join this growing list.
As sponsor, your company's name and logo will be displayed on all our communications material (including invitations, agendas, press releases and website) as well as promoted during the event.
To view the delegate rates and to register, please click here.
The participants include PET resin manufacturers, packaging designers and manufacturers, equipment manufacturers, label producers, brand owners, EPR schemes, waste management organizations, recyclers, recycling machines manufacturers, representatives from the European institutions and European organizations interested in PET.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our conference in February 2022!
Petcore Europe Team